Windom MN Career Fair
The Windom Chamber is excited to team up with Windom Area Schools to host a career fair on April 23rd. Senior, Thomas Sell, envisioned a career education event as his Eagle Achievement project and has worked diligently to formulate this event into a success. This event is an educational opportunity where students can learn about career fields as well as explore additional educational opportunities.
The career fair will take place at the Windom Area High School from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm in the gold gym. The purpose of this event is to educate students on jobs and careers available to them in the agriculture industry and Southwest Minnesota and give them an opportunity to speak with potential employers.
– Setup will begin as early as 7:00 a.m. on the morning of the event. Please be set up by 8:45 a.m. Students will arrive in the gym at 9:00 a.m. The students will finish coming through the gym at 3:00 pm.
– We will provide an 8ft table (more if requested) and several chairs at each exhibit
– A black tablecloth will also be provided at each table.
-Lunch will be provided by the school. Please account for lunches when you register so we have a headcount of how many meals the school will need to prepare.
– Wireless internet information will be provided via email prior to the event.
– Power will be available in select locations. Please only request power if it is necessary.
– Upon registration please have Human Resources compile a list of careers available at your company and display this at your table; students have requested this information in the past.
– Prior to students coming to the exhibits, they will be seated to hear a panel of professionals for 40 minutes. Following the panel, students will enter the gym/exhibit area for 1 hour.
- General sponsorship includes 1 10′ x 10′ booth with 1 tables and chairs.
- Silver sponsorship includes 1 10′ x 10′ booth with 1 table and chairs. Your profile and your logo will be placed on the gym map that students recieve and you will receive “silver” distinction on the show floor.
- Gold sponsorship includes 2 10′ x 10′ booths with 2 tables and chairs. You will also receive prominent recognition with your logo in all advertising. You will also receive “gold” distinction on the show floor and in the event guide. Gold sponsors will also recieve priority placement in the gym.
For those of you that are exhibiting for the first time, we want to stress that the exhibits should be INTERACTIVE. The exhibit doesn’t need to be elaborate, but students should be engaged in doing some activity, otherwise the traffic by your booth will be low and the morning will get very long. If you need suggestions or want to brainstorm about ways to make your exhibit more engaging, please feel free to give us a call. We want to make sure this is a positive experience for you and the students.
To register please follow the link below: